Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Tutorial Thursday: How to Foil a Pigment

Hey guys,

This is going to be a quick post because I am planning something epic for next week and it has proven to be quite time consuming. This week's tutorial is going to be over how to foil a pigment eyeshadow. A lot of you might be wondering what a pigment is. A pigment is a loose eyeshadow that is usually intensely pigmented. I tend to gravitate to shimmery pigments rather than matte pigments. I figure that if I am going to use a pigment, I might as well make it noticeable. My favorite pigments are the Makeup Geek Pigments. You can buy these here. I have Utopia, Insomnia, New Year's Eve, Vegas Lights, and Birthday Wish. Foiling a pigment makes the color even more intense and is a really quick way to do your eye makeup when you're in a hurry. If I am running late for work, pigments are my go to eye makeup.

How To Foil A Pigment
Things you will need:
-Pigment eyeshadow of your choice
-Setting spray or eye drops-- Do not use water unless you want to look like a hot mess
-Flat stiff brush- I use my Mac 239 brush

To being the foiling process, scoop some of your pigment into the lid.  You can do this next step a couple of different ways. I like to take my setting spray, here I am just using the Elf kind, and add a couple of drops to the pigment in the lid, then swirl it with my 239 brush. Like I said previously, if you don't have setting spray, you can use eye drops instead. Some people like to wet their brush with their setting spray instead of swirling it in the lid, but I'm afraid the moisture will go down into the furrow of my brush and make my bristles fall out. Mac brushes are not cheap!

If you have a crease color, I like to go ahead and blend that into my crease before I apply my pigment to my lid. After you swirl your brush and pick up some of wet pigment, you want to pat the pigment all over your lid until you are satisfied with your look. Super quick and easy, just the way I like it!

The picture to the left is of the Vegas Lights pigment. The left swatch is dry and the right swatch has been foiled.As you can see, the colors are much more vibrant after being foiled.

The picture to the lower left is the Insomnia pigment, which is my favorite. It is a duo chrome that is brown and blue. The left is dry and the right is the foiled version. So pretty!

Let me know if you all have any questions. See you tomorrow for Fit Friday where I will be covering the signs and symptoms of induction flu and sharing a healthy recipe for you to try this weekend!

Xoxo,
B


**Disclaimer: I am not a makeup artist, nor do I claim to be. Also, I am not a dietician, nor do I claim to be one. I am a 20-something white girl that lost a ton of weight and in my spare time, I work doing freelance makeup/hair for people on their special occasions. If you need your makeup/hair done for something and you're in my area, I don't care a bit to doll you up. I'm good and I'm cheap. That's what she said. If you have a question about anything else I blog about, send me a message!

No comments:

Post a Comment