Thursday, June 5, 2014

Tutorial Thursday: From Carrot Top to Kardashian

Does anyone else have out there have a curly and unmanageable 'fro?
No? Just me?
Wait.
WHAT DO YA MEAN ME ANNND CARROT TOP?!
Well aren't I just so lucky.

If you're like me then most days you are about 1.5 seconds away from pulling a Sinead O'Connor, minus joining the priesthood, and buzz cutting every last lock from your scalp. In this tutorial, I will be teaching you how to go from looking like Carrot Top to looking like a Kardashian!

****Beware, I have no makeup on and my hair is scary in it's natural state. This post is not for the faint of heart. Scroll at your own risk.

To begin, I like to prep with a little bit of Biosilk hair serum and heat protectant before blow drying. I also use a paddle brush because my hair is really thick and smaller brushes just get lost amidst the frizz. As you can tell from the photo above, my hair is unruly even when wet. It only gets worse from here. Brace yourselves. The ugly is coming.


GASP!
This is what happens after blow drying. If you try to tame the beast, the beast WILL fight back. Here I am with my celebrity doppelganger, Phil Spector. From here, I grab my wand, flat iron, hair clips, and attempt to perform an exorcism on this mop. Someone send an old priest and a young priest. I need all the help I can get.


Take your flat iron to your roots to get the kinks out, but DO NOT continue down to the ends your hair. If you flat iron your ends, you will not get a decent curl when you use the wand in a few minutes. As you can see in the photo above, about half way down my hair is still utter chaos. This frizz will give you some of the most volumized curls you have ever seen. After you get your roots straightened out, pin your hair up in 4-5 sections with your hair clips.


Here I am channeling my inner Scary Spice, minus the love child with Eddie Murphy. I take each section and split it into 2-3 smaller sections. When you are using your wand, make sure that you roll your hair away from your face. Most importantly, DO NOT roll the wand all the way up to the root. Do the opposite of what you did with your flat iron. You will end up looking like Shirley Temple (RIP) if you roll it up to the root and that is just not a look any grown ass woman can pull off. I like to go about half way up my section of hair to attain the loose, wavy curls.



Once you roll a section, take your hair clip and pin the curl up so that it can set. Do not take your hair down until your hair is completely cool or the curl will fall out. Go watch Game of Thrones or something while your hair cools off. Or go make a pizza. Mmmmm pizza.


Okay, we are almost there! Take your hair out of the clips when it is cool. Your curls may look a big tight on the ends. If this happens to you, take your flat iron and just pick out the ends of your curls and straighten them just a bit. This will loosen up the curl. Run your fingers through your hair to break the curls apart.




Finish with your favorite hairspray, and VOILA! Come on down from the bell tower, girl. You have transformed yourself from Quasimodo's even uglier sister into a wavy haired sex kitten. Meow! Let me post a photo that I actually have makeup on in! Honey Boo Boo  would be so jealous of my big hair.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my first tutorial! If you have any questions, tweet me @Butterybiscuit7! I'm going to try and post a new tutorial every week as part of Tutorial Thursday.


Talk to you soon!
          -Bridget Boo Boo Child

1 comment:

  1. Can the next hair post tell me how to make butterfly clips hawt? Pleeeease.

    ReplyDelete