Monday, July 14, 2014

Beauty Product Review: Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stains

As I said in my post from yesterday for Money Saving Monday, Revlon is 40% off this week at Rite Aid. I took advantage of this sale and paired it up with a bunch of coupons to get these new lip stains. These are called the Colorstay Moisture Stains. As you all know from my previous posts, I am a huge fan of the Revlon Colorstay foundation, so I had high hopes for these babies. As expected, these lip stains are freaking amazing! Regular price at Rite Aid is $9.99, and at Walmart they are $8.49. I ended up paying $3.99 each for these with the sale and my coupons.

I grabbed five of these, but I think I will go back and get the remaining ones, sans the old lady colors. There are like ten or twelve shades to choose from, and naturally, I went for the brightest ones. I did see a purple one online that I didn't see in stores that I will be on the lookout for. From left to right in the photo above, I have the shades  India Intrigue, Barcelona Nights, Rio Rush, Miami Fever, and Shanghai Sizzle.

Not only do I love the fun names of these stains, I love the packaging too. They don't look super cheap like some of the other glosses that you'll see at drugstores and they're pretty durable. I abuse my belongings and I can't even tell that the first one I bought a few weeks ago (Barcelona Nights) has been through hell and half of Georgia.

These are in the same order as the above photo. My first impression of this product was me going EWWW! I am not a fan of the smell or taste of these. They aren't scented or flavored, so they just have this kind of artificial smell to them. It's not a good smell, it's not a bad smell. It is just not something I really enjoyed. When you put these on, they go on pretty thin and add just a subtle hint of color to your lips. I put on two coats, but I'm all about making a statement. These lip stains are very buildable and don't get gloopy or anything when you apply more that one coat. 

My favorite thing about these is that in addition to the nice bright and glossy look you get straight out of the tube, they also stain your lips so you don't have to go around looking like the Corpse Bride if you don't have time to reapply your lip color. They also don't get all patch like how the Outlast Lipstick and products that claim to last for umpteen hours. 

I highly recommend these products to everyone. I am in love with them! Here is a quick break down of the colors I have: 

--001 India Intrigue- looks like a purpley pink in the tube, but comes across on your lips as more of a     fuchsia. This one isn't as bright as the others, so if you like a nice pink lip that isn't too bright, this one is for you.

--015 Barcelona Nights- This one looks kind of like a dark pink in the tube, but it is rather bright on the lip. You definitely need to have two coats if you want this one to show up bright. If you like just a wash of color, you will want this one and to use it in just one coat. 

--020 Rio Rush- This one is a bright hot pink in the tube. This one actually looks true to the color in the tube as it does on the lip. I really like this one! I think I will get a lot of wear of it. You definitely need two coats with this one though, so it will be just a light wash a color.

--035 Miami Fever- This one is a bright orange and is perfect for summer. I like this one a lot, too. Super pretty on the lip and it will look good on anyone. For some reason, this one isn't listed online, so it might be limited edition. 

--040 Shanghai Sizzle- This one is a bright red and it is super potent. Be careful where you place this one, because it stains almost instantly. You don't really need two coats with this one and the color is true to what you see in the tube.

I hope you all liked this review. Let me know if you all try any other colors that I should go try out! Follow me on Twitter @Butterybiscuit7 and on Instagram @Bridgetb2011, and remember to like the fan page on Facebook at www.facebook.com/beautyonabudgetblog!

Talk to you soon!
--B


No comments:

Post a Comment