Saturday, July 19, 2014

Makeup Tutorial: Natural Makeup Using Drugstore Products

Hey guys,

A lot of you have been asking me to do an easy everyday makeup look. I rarely ever do subtle eye makeup (because I like to look like a tramp), but I did pick up a new palette of matte browns so I thought "Eh, why not?" All women want an easy way to do their makeup that makes them look like themselves, only better. A fresh face with dewy skin and pink lips is what comes to mind when I think of natural makeup. I'm going to resist the urge to give myself winged eyeliner and smear red lipstick around my face and give you all something that is easy, quick, and CHEAP (that's what she said). I'm using all drug store makeup today, so go grab your shadows and let's get started!

What you will need:
-Any matte brown eye shadows
-Any shimmery shadow
-Mascara
-Bronzer
-Concealer
-Blush

First, as always, prime yo'self, girl! If you don't have any primer, use some concealer on your lid before you start applying your shadow. Today I am using this little palette I found. It is by L'Oreal, which is buy one get one 50% off this week at Rite Aid, and is called "Cupa Joe."
As you see, it contains three matte brown shades and a highlighter. My crappy iPhone camera makes all of the browns look like they are the same shade, but believe me when I say that they are not. The top brown is a warm medium brown, the third one down is a cool light brown, and the bottom one is a warm dark brown.
For some sparkle on the lid, I am using the L'Oreal Infallible eye shadow in the shade "Amber Rush." 


If you have read any of my other posts, then you know that I would make love to these infallible eye shadows. I cannot get enough of them! OMG. The feeling I get when I look at my infallible eye shadows can only be comparable to what a mother feels the first time she sees her newborn child. Anyway, Amber Rush is a rose gold color that is gorgeous on the lid. You can use whatever colors you want, of course, but I highly recommend buying this shade.

As far as mascara goes, I am using my holy grail mascara, my L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black, and the L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara. Yes, I have a love hate relationship with the butterfly mascara, but I cannot find anything else that gives my lashes length like it does. I hate and love it at the same time and it is giving me issues. This post sounds like I am a L'Oreal salesman, but they have some damn good products (even if they do test on animals, which also gives me a love/hate relationship). I cannot even deal with myself right now.  

On my lips I used the Revlon ColorStay Moisture Stain in Rio Rush. On my cheeks I used Physician's Formula Bronzer (I'm not sure of the name but it's the one with the bronzing beads), and Wet 'N Wild Pearlescent Pink blush (which looks just like my Nars Orgasm blush on the cheeks).

Now on to the tutorial--

1.) After priming your lids, take a little bit of the top color from the Cupa Joe palette and blend that into your crease. I used an Elf blending brush. You can use any warm medium brown that you have on hand. Really work that shadow back and forth and blend it very well so you have a good base to start from.
2.) You should have something that looks kind of like this. There should be no harsh lines where your shadow ends. You can be a little messy with this because we are going to be putting our infallible shadow on the lid, which will cover it up anyway. Next thing you want to do is take the bottom brown in that Cupa Joe palette, or whatever brown you have on hand, and work that into your outer corner and your crease. This will darken it up a bit and make your shadow more noticeable, kind of like my extreme dark circles. Mama needs more sleep, apparently.
3.) Blend, blend, blend! Keep blending that darker shadow until you're satisfied with the look of it. Your eyes may hurt, and your hands may hurt. That's when you know you have it blended enough. Now it is time for the sparkle! Grab your shadow and pat it on your lid, careful not to go above the crease or you'll mess everything up. No one wants to look a hot mess. 
4.) You should have something that looks kind of like this. I apply the infallible shadow with my ring finger. I see no need to use a brush with these, plus you won't have to wash another brush later on! You may have a little bit of fall out with this shadow, so let's clean up under our eyes with some concealer. I used Maybelline Fit Me concealer in whatever the lightest shade is. I'm severely Caucasian at the moment.
5.) After you blend out your concealer, make sure it set it with a little powder so it won't crease up on you throughout the day. An extra step you can do is to take a pencil brush and a little bit of the darker brown eye shadow and blend it beneath your lower lash line. I did this but left the inner third or so blank. I then went in with a little more of the Amber Rush and filled in the inner third.

6.) For mascara, I used my carbon black, but before it dried, I put a couple coats of that butterfly mascara over it. The wand on the butterfly mascara really does separate and lengthen the lashes, while the carbon black makes them jet black and thickens them. Together, those two mascaras are bomb ass. I'm surprised that when their powers are combined, they don't summon the eyelash version of Captain Planet. Go fill in your brows, add your blush/bronzer, and paint up your lips and you're finished! 


You should have something that looks similar to this. If you want to change this to a night time look, all you would need to do is add some liner, maybe some false eyelashes, a bolder lip and BAM! You're ready to twerk at the club on a Friday night. I hope you liked this tutorial and that you'll try it out. I really like hearing your suggestions so let me know if you have any other looks that you would like me to do. If you try this look on yourself, be sure and tag me! I would love to see you in it. Follow me on Twitter @Butterybiscuit7, on Instagram @Bridgetb2011, and don't forget to like the fan page for Beauty on a Budget at www.Facebook.com/BeautyOnABudgetBlog. Thanks for getting ready with me! Talk to you soon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment