Sunday, December 28, 2014

Christmas Leftovers: Ham and Avocado Sandwich

Hey guys,
I hope you had a very merry Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa,  and all other holidays that come this time of year. In the last few weeks I have had quite a few new changes happen in my life. I bought a new car, my health is steadily improving, but most importantly, I bought my wedding dress! I had been waiting for a sample of the dress I wanted to wear to come in at a local bridal shop and luckily, it was as amazing in person as it was in photos. The only problem with the sample was that is was too small in the bust, so they had to order a size up and I'm now waiting for it to come in. I'm really nervous that my wedding dress won't fit when it comes in, so I've really been trying hard to stick to clean eating. It was hard to make it through the holidays and say no to mashed potatoes and all things smothered in gravy, but I weighed myself today and I didn't gain anything, so my deprivation was worth it in the end! With that being said, I discovered my new favorite sandwich using some leftover Christmas ham. Not only is it tasty, it's relatively healthy. Here is a recipe for how I have been making my Ham and Avocado sandwiches. Let me know if you try this out or if you put your own twist on it. I love getting feedback from my readers.

Ham and Avocado Sandwich
-2 slices of 35 calorie wheat bread, toasted
-Ham (or turkey if that is your thaaang)
-1/2 of an avocado, mashed
-1 slice of fat free pepper jack cheese (or colby jack if you prefer)
-Crushed red pepper (optional, but I'm obsessed with spicy food)
-Salt (optional)

Toast your bread, then spread the mashed avocado on one slice your warm bread. Sprinkle the avocado mash with the crushed red pepper and salt. Layer the meat of your choice over the avocado mash. On the other piece of bread, melt the cheese of your choice and assemble the sandwich. For a side, you could do a side salad with salsa for dressing to go with it. If you find yourself craving something crunchy to go with a sandwich, you could try a palm full of almonds as a side instead.

And there you have it, my new favorite snack. Also, I plan on starting a new series aptly named "Bride on a Budget" and show you all some photos of the dresses I tried on and information on them. Thanks for reading. Talk to you soon!

Xoxo,
--B




No comments:

Post a Comment