Thursday, February 19, 2015

Favorite Products of February 2015



It's been so long since I have written a monthly favorites post. The reason for this is I generally find it a little forced to have a ton of different products each month that you allegedly "love." With that being said, the products I have chosen to write about are not just my favorites of this month, but rather, some products I have been using over the last few months and are good quality for the price. Without further adieu, here are some bomb ass products I am sure you will love!


L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation and Powder
I have used nothing but Revlon Color Stay foundation for years. I am a complete L'Oreal junkie so I decided to throw my Color Stay to the side and try the new Infallible Pro Matte line that L'Oreal came out with a couple of months ago. This foundation and powder has changed my life!! I am so much happier with the way my skin looks (and I thought I looked pretty good before, KIDDING) since I started using this line. The foundation is a very matte liquid formula that comes in a squeeze tube. I love the squeeze tube because you don't have to worry about bacteria getting into the product and causing breakouts. Personally, I like matte foundation. This is because I like to highlight areas of my face with a little shimmer. (Side note- my favorite highlighter of the moment is Too Faced Candlelight Powder, $30 at Sephora).

I have combination to dry skin but this foundation will work for all skin types. The matte finish set with powder will absorb any oil on your face, which used to be a problem for me back when I was a teenager. As I have gotten older (I'm 25 now, aka an old hag), my skin has dried out quite a bit and some brands of matte foundation accentuates my dry patches. Don't worry, I have the remedy for this! If I am looking particularly dry, I will mix a little of the L'Oreal Magic Lumi Primer in with the foundation on the back of my hand and apply the combo to my face. This adds a little glow and hydration back to my face and helps to mask my dry patches. Did I mention the price is freaking right?! The foundation retails for $12.99 and the powder retails for $10.99. Don't pay full price! Wait until Rite Aid has their sale on L'Oreal, which is often, and stack it with some coupons you can find on L'Oreal's website and get it for next to nothing.


Nest Indigo Perfume
I originally purchased Nest's Midnight Fleur scent, which is a good one, but then I went to Sephora and came across Indigo, I packaged up my Midnight Fleur and returned it to get this scent instead. It is hard for me to describe a scent as anything other than the cliche adjectives like "amazing, love, and YAASSS!" The only thing I can compare this scent to is smelling like an expensive cup of tea. I know that does not sound like something you would want in a perfume. Trust me, you never knew how good tea could smell until you come across this perfume. I will be in the grocery store and people will walk by and ask me what I am wearing. The lasting power of this scent is pretty good. I will put it on before work and by 4:30pm I will still be able to smell it on myself. I am the type of girl that I want to do something once a day and I want it to last until the night. I expect my makeup, deodorant, and perfume to last all day. I am excited to try other scents from Nest when I use up all of my Indigo. Also, the packaging on the bottle is gorgeous. I bought the jumbo bottle at Sephora for $65, but they do have a rollerball version for $25 if you want to try it out before investing that much money in a scent you may not like.

Here is the description of the perfume since I can't really describe it accurately:

Notes: Moroccan Tea, Kashmir Wood, Cardamom, Wild Fig.
Style: Warm. Aromatic. Mysterious.


 

Covergirl Lip Lava
I think this is the first Covergirl product I have purchased since 2003. I came across these babies while I was at Walgreen's about a month ago. They were on sale for buy one get on 50% off (Regular retail price is $7.99). I'm not going to lie, I am a complete makeup hoe for red lips and purple lips. Those are pretty much the only two colors I wear. I purchased the shades Lava-Nder, which is a bright metallic purple, and Live Love Lava, which is a bright metallic red. Now, I am not a girl who normally goes for any kind of lip products that have shimmer in them. I normally go for matte liquid lipstick or a satin finish, but these two lip lavas may change my mind. Every time I wear the red, I get compliments all day. It is the perfect red without being too dramatic. My favorite thing about the red is that is does not stain your lips. I have worn a lot of red lipstick in my day, and from my experience, you have to be very meticulous with your application, otherwise you will have pink stains on your face where your lipstick has smeared. The purple shade is not going to be for everyone, but I wear what I want, so I love it! These lip lavas are very pigmented, have quite a bit of lasting power, and the price is right. I highly recommend these!



Clarisonic Acne Prone Head
Everyone already knows that I love my Clarisonic. I recently ventured away from the sensitive head and went with the Acne Prone head ($27 at Ulta). I don't have acne as much as I used to before I started using tea tree oil on my pillow cases and to spot treat my makeup brushes, but I do suffer from the occasional breakout. Thus far, I am very satisfied with  my results. I have not had a breakout since I started using it. I would not recommend this brush to anyone who has not used sensitive head first. I do feel that you need to work your way up to the rougher brush heads, but I use my Clarisonic every night, so I could pretty much take sand paper to my face and it would be like "I'm okay, boo. I love to exfoliate the first five layers of my skin off." I would describe this head of having the texture of hair that needs some conditioner (LOL). Seriously though. The sensitive brush head has pretty soft bristles, so this one will be very intense for anyone who is not used to it. The next level of brush head is the deep pore cleaning one, which I have heard nothing but horror stories about, so I'm going to skip out on that fine experience.

What products have you been enjoying? Do you know of anything I should try? Be sure and let me know. Follow me on twitter @Butterybiscuit7 and on Instagram at @Bridgetb2011. Thanks for reading!

Xoxo,
--B

No comments:

Post a Comment