Monday, April 6, 2015

How to Conceal Your Dark Under-Eye Circles


I think I was born with eye bags. No matter how much I sleep, I still look like I could score the role of "Lead Zombie" in the Thriller video. It has always been something that I have hated about myself and that I have struggled trying to mask. After years of trying, I think I have finally figured out how to cover up my dark circles. Lucky for you, I am going to share some really unflattering photos of myself and tell you how you can also make yourself appear more rested and less like you've been awake on a three day coke bender. Here we go!
And here I am in my natural state. 

Most people go for a very light concealer when trying to hide their dark circles, even I used to think that was the key. Think about this, your eye bags are dark and what is going to happen when you put ivory colored concealer over them? Gray. You are going to have nice GRAY eye bags now. How cute.

Instead of reaching for a light concealer first off, you need to grad something that is darker and preferably with a warm or orange base. In order to cover something dark, you're going to need something dark. The warm or orange tone is going to cancel out that blue color and keep you from turning your under eye area into a literal gray area.
The more jaundiced you look, the better.

I put the darker concealer on first and blend it out with my finger. Here I am using Coastal Scents Camo Quad. This concealer is very thick so you will need to warm it up a little bit on your finger or let it sit on your face for a minute or two so it will blend easily. This concealer is cheap and covers really well. You can buy it for like 7 or 8 bucks on Coastal Scents' website.


After I apply my dark concealer, I go in and cover that up with a Beauty Blender and my foundation. Right now I am using L'Oreal's Pro Matte Foundation. I highly recommend this foundation to everyone.



After I apply my foundation, I then go in with a lighter concealer. Now that we have masked the blue tone of our under eye area, we can go in and lighten it up a little bit. I am using Maybelline's Fit Me Concealer in shade 15. I recommend using any kind of concealer that is packaged with a wand for this step. These concealers tend to be thinner and will blend out well and not leave you looking cakey.



After I have applied these three layers, I set it all using a yellow based powder. I am currently using the Anastasia of Beverly Hills Banana powder from her contour kit. You can buy the single powder on her website if you are not interested in the full kit. I believe it is around 14 dollars. Any kind of yellow based powder will do. The yellow will provide a brightening effect to the under eye area.



After I set my under eye area, I'm ready to do the rest of my face. I finished powdering my T zone with the L'Oreal Pro Matte Powder, mixed two Makeup Geek blushes together for my cheeks (shades Spellbound and Bliss), highlighted my cheeks with Hourglass' Ambient Lighting Powder (shade- Radiant Light), threw on a little mascara, and added Maybelline's Lip Elixir in Hibiscus on my lips.

I hope this helps those of you who have the same problems with dark circles that I do. Let me know if you have any additional tips I should try out, and as always, thank you for reading.

Xoxo,
--Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment