Friday, June 24, 2016

My Triumphant Return to Blogging: Life Update



Hey guys,
     Remember me? It's been over a year since my last post here on my blog. My hiatus wasn't due to a lack of desire to blog, but as it so often does, life happened. If you have followed along with me from the beginning, you will remember that my mom was diagnosed with stage 2B breast cancer a couple of months after I started blogging and I used this blog as an outlet to help me keep my sanity during that ordeal. She was declared cancer free in June 2015. In the last year I have gotten married, moved in with my husband, moved to a new town, gained a nephew, gained a sister in law, and most unfortunately, my mom has cancer once again. This time, the diagnosis is stage 4 breast cancer.
     The time has come that I must once again find a way to channel my thoughts to help deal with all of the emotions that one feels when they feel helpless in a situation that they cannot control. Helpless is the only way to describe how you feel when your parent is sick and you can do nothing to ease their pain or make them well again. The good news is that the doctors are telling us that the treatment is working on my mom. The bad news is that the side effects are very rough on her and she does not feel well most days. If y'all don't mind, please keep keep her in your thoughts and/or prayers, and send many good vibes our way.
     With that being said, I find myself questioning what direction this blog will take now? The answer in short is... well... Who knows! At the moment, it's pretty much just a smorgasbord of information regarding weight loss, beauty tips, couponing, and at times, my online diary anyway, so it probably won't be much different in terms of content. Although I have not posted any new entries here, I still get a couple of emails a month from people who have come across some of my entries on StumbleUpon or Pinterest and ask me to start blogging again and to help them along their weight loss journey.  As always, I am happy to help in any way that I can, but this time, I'm also asking you for help. I love the friendships that I have made with people I have met online through this blog, and I ask that if you all have any positive stories that you would like to share with me to keep my spirits up, please do so. Blogging seems to be what my heart, and mind, is telling me to do to keep me from bursting at the seams, so here I am. If anyone has any requests for entries that they would like me to tackle, just slide in my DMs. As always, you can contact me directly through my email at bridget.buttery@gmail.com, on twitter @butterybiscuit7, and on instagram @bridgetc2015. <3

Xoxo,
Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment