Saturday, July 23, 2016

Popcorn Shrimp Tacos Recipe

Hey guys,
I was getting freaky in the kitchen a couple of weeks ago and came up with this delicious recipe. Don't ask me how I whipped this up because I don't know. I guess after binge watching several seasons Kitchen Nightmares of Netflix, Gordon Ramsay taught me a thing or two.

Of course you can customize any recipe to tickle your fancy. I topped off my shrimp with some cole slaw and corn salsa. Y'all know that I'm a spicy mamacita, so I added ample sriracha and jalapenos. Also, if you want to make this dish low carb, ditch the tortilla and use some naked shrimp in place of the popcorn shrimp. I have also substituted fish for the shrimp and it is equally delicious. If you try this out, let me know how it turns out and if you discover some flavor combinations that I need to try out.

Popcorn Shrimp Tacos
-1 box of popcorn shrimp
-Tortillas
- Jalapenos
-Avocados or guacamole
-Cheese
-Salt/pepper, to taste

 Cole Slaw Ingredients
-1 bag of cole slaw
-1 tub of sour cream
-1 packet of ranch dressing mix
-1 packet of taco seasoning
-1 tsp lemon juice
-Sriracha, optional

 Corn Salsa Ingredients
-1 can mixed yellow and white corn
-1 bunch of green onions
-1 bell pepper, diced
-1 tbsp olive oil
-1 tbsp red wine vinegar
-1 tbsp lemon juice
-1 tsp cumin
-1 tsp garlic paste (or you could use garlic powder if you wanted to)
-Crushed red pepper, optional
-Parsley, optional

*You could add cilantro and/or tomato if that's your thing. I think both of those things are repulsive, but you do you, boo.

I fried my popcorn shrimp in my air fryer for about 15 minutes at 360 degrees.

While that was cooking, I mixed you my cole slaw. I mixed up the sauce first, then I poured it over the cabbage mixed and refrigerated it until dinner time. I find that I like the sauce separate from the cabbage, so when I made these the second time, I just spooned the sauce over the cabbage in my taco rather than making an entire bowl of cole slaw.

For the corn salsa, I put all of the veggies in a bowl together, then I mixed up the sauce in the separate bowl. I put the garlic paste in the bowl first, then I whisked the wet ingredients into it so it would dissolve. I then poured that into the veggies and seasoned with the cumin/salt/pepper. This is what mine looked like:


Lookin' like a fiesta in a bowl. I let the corn salsa refrigerate for a little while too before we ate it. The longer this sits, the more flavorful it gets. If your house is anything like mine, it won't last for long.

Thanks for reading! You can follow me on Pinterest here, on Twitter here, on Instagram here, or email me by clicking here. See you soon!

Xoxo,
Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment